Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Poem I Had Published by the literary journal at my college.

Atheogony

Thick snow pours upon us
Like the ashes of heaven!
God’s schizophrenia now
Manifesting its own bleak
Contemplation.

The mountains succumbing
To the evergrey clouds,
Screaming as if they had
Never been caressed by this
Immortality.

This perplexing moment
Of clarity, as God loses
All self esteem, unintentionally
Becoming an atheist – a
Reality!

The cinders cover all
The nouns of the earth,
Gaia propped up gently
On her back, absorbing
Sunlight

That scorches her to death.
For the first time in my life
The sun rises – not The Son –
And drenches the masses with
Redemption.

Soon the blanket that covers
Gaia’s immortal corpse
Will be lifted, and I will
Embrace the beauty like never
Before.

I no longer have to wait to go home –
I am already there.

No comments: