Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

This is not a movie review, this is all I am saying.

GO SEE THE DARK KNIGHT IN THEATRES!

It won't disappoint. I, like many people, bought into all the media hype - especially after the death of Ledger (though I was looking forward to the film beforehand, as were many) - and I had higher expectations than I should have; especially for an action film that is also a comic book film, since I am not a fan of either. However, it exceeded my expectations and then some!

This is not the average action movie where the villain talks for an hour and then doesn't end up doing much of anything. This movie is as realistic of a comic book movie you can get.

Last points:

Heath Ledger did an amazing job. It's too bad he won't be able to receive the acclaim he deserves.
Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Aaron Eckhart (etc.) were all great as well. It held my interest the entire time.

GO SEE IT! You shouldn't regret it.

PS: It does have some semi-shocking imagery for a PG-13, but nothing that would constitute an R rating really (though they could have pushed for an R). But it's all just makeup folks!


No comments: