Wednesday, July 9, 2008

LIFE IS A CONTRADICTION!

There is no proof for what you believe, and if there is, the person who is better at speech will steal it away from you. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! This must never be considered a cliché phrase; because it is the only truth we have left on this Earth. We are walking contradictions. We pass by endless other entities with hopes that one day we will find some other thing that contradicts itself in the same sense we do.
I feel like screaming into the streets, “DO YOU FEEL LIKE I DO?” But I’m not certain if anybody would leave his or her television set to reply—even if the answer was a resounding “no”. The answer seems to sing “no” to my mind very often, because nobody seems to feel anything anymore. Nobody seems to FEEL. Our society has moved into the realm of artificiality. We have artificial nature—streams don’t run like that, trees don’t grow like that. We have artificial reality—TV. We have artificial intelligence—almost. And now, we have artificial emotions. Who do you care about? Who cares about you? Do you love somebody? Is humankind worth fighting for? Is life? Or can we just turn off the television?
We are becoming more and more like Plato’s cave-dwellers, presented in the famous allegory. And you know what?

IT PISSES ME OFF!

Life is too important to waste. Television is NOT real. Your school is NOT real. Your pricey handbag, your religion, your frets and worries, your goals, your aspirations, your sense of humanity, your EVERYTHING!!! These things are NOT real… unless you choose them to be as such. This is what free will means. This is what life is. It’s a choice. Unfortunately, the majority of us now choose artificial life.

Go swimming. Have sex. Eat ice cream with your siblings. Pet your cat. This isn’t The Sims unless you choose it to be.

This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.


I would never pray for humanity, because I am no longer a religious person. But if you are, then you should. And if you are not, you should hope. And whether you are religious or not, you should all get off your asses and do something. Even if you can't stop what's coming, you can try to. And more importantly, you can embrace a non-artificial life until you no longer have it.


THIS IS MY GIRLFRIEND


THIS IS MY THREE LEGGED CAT


THIS IS HER SISTER


THIS IS TWO BROTHERS


THIS IS INSPIRATIONAL (albeit artificial)


THIS IS THE SETTING SUN


THIS IS A GIRL TAKING A PICTURE OF A CLOUD BUNNY


THIS IS MY CONNECTION TO NATURE


WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LIVE FOR?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly
That's probably why I hate my job as much as I do. This isn't life. This isn't real. Getting excited over a promotion or a raise or a new plaque on your desk doesn't matter. Money doesn't matter. We're sitting here making phone books like there's no tomorrow, and why?
People matter. Like I was just telling you, the Earth is billions of years old, and the fact that you and I are alive and here at the same time, and have the pleasure to know each other is simply amazing. Regardless of what you believe you can't distract yourself from what matters. Life is beautiful. People are beautiful. Just enjoy it.
"Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life."

I love you!

core said...

There are two phrases in German that I love to say. The first is “So is das Leben.” The second is “Das Leben is schön.” I like these two phrases because they go together so well and explain so much about life. Life is what it is. We can try and change aspects of it and make it better and do our part to help others but regardless of what we do it is ours. When good or bad, happy or sad, beautiful or ugly things happen it is life and it is our life. We are it, in that moment, and we are able to choose how we react to it. To accept it or not, but regardless of what we do it is ours and “so is this life,” and “this life is beautiful” with all of its good, bad, happy, sad, beautiful and ugly. All of it is beautiful because it is us and we are it. We are all connected and as soon as we can understand that and accept that then we will be happy because all of us will be happy.

So is this life and it is beautiful as well as I can tell anyway.

core said...

I love all of these pictures but especially the pictures of your arm compared with the tree, very cool, and the two brothers.

Sahara said...

I stumbled across your blog and it made me think. That is always a good thing. :) I think my favorite part about your last blog besides the two brother kittens, was when you said "you can embrace a non-artificial life until you no longer have it." Strangely enough I thought you said...you can embrace an artificial life until you no longer have it. I don't know where I got that. But it made me think. By embracing an artificial life would it make it less artificial. If I looked at all of the artificial/fake/superficial/plastic parts of my life and embraced/hugged/loved them would they change, or shift or would I totally thank them and get up and leave them behind. I also liked the picture of your arm and the tree. The cigarette made me laugh. :) Peace.